Wie wir mit Akupunktur und Integrativer Medizin traumatisierte Gemeinschaften unterstützen können
Acupuncturists Without Borders (AWB) provides trauma-informed, integrative health care services, including acupuncture and other TCM therapies, to people affected by disasters, violence, poverty, oppression and social injustice. This presentation will introduce participants to the clinical, cultural and social skills needed to work with traumatized communities. AWB's work is especially important now as so many people experience trauma related to the Covid pandemic, economic insecurity, war, climate change, human displacement and migration.
This half-day lecture includes:
· The biology of acute stress and trauma
· Understanding individual, collective and intergenerational trauma
· Principles of trauma-informed care
· How to communicate with trauma survivors
· Clinical tools for trauma-healing
· How to deliver community care in collaboration with other practitioners
· Self-care for practitioners that work with trauma
Discussion of how to support refugees and other traumatized communities in Germany and Europe during this challenging time.