When you consider the Five Phases, or Five Elements, do you isolate each Phase, do you consider each one as being part of a collective, or do you do a bit of both? Personally, I consider both and that is what we will be exploring during this fascinating workshop today.
We will look at the Wood Phase, via its relationships to:
• Yīn and Yáng organs – Liver and Gall Bladder
• Emotions – including stress, frustration, feeling overwhelmed, cyclical depression, mood swings, pre-menstrual tension/stress (PMT/PMS), anger, timidity, low self-esteem, and decision-making issues (including the planning, processing and implementation)
• Musculoskeletal complaints/neurological issues/internal diseases such as neck/shoulder tension, one-sided headaches, tension headaches, ‘Halo’ headaches and migraines, eye disorders, hypertension, gout, urinary disorders, and menstrual disorders.
We will consider the Shēng/Generating Cycle via mental, emotional and Five Spirit relationships:
• Wood and Fire (Mother and Child)
• Wood and Water (Child and Mother).
We will also consider the Kè/Controlling Cycle (including the Chéng/Overacting Cycle and the Wǔ/Insulting Cycle):
• Wood and Earth; Earth and Wood
• Wood and Metal; Metal and Wood
• Hún/Pò Axis – a closer look at the vital connection between our dreaming and action souls; there will also be a dedicated section on ‘Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder’ (OCD).
This workshop will give you tools that you can use in clinic immediately. So, if you have always wanted a decent overview of everything Wood Phase, then this is the workshop for you. Join me for a fantastic day on the Phase sometimes referred to as ‘Young Yáng’!