Adolescence can be a tumultuous time, and today’s teenagers face a unique set of challenges. Barely a day goes by without a devastating new statistic about the rise of teenage mental health conditions, which have become even more pervasive since Covid-19.
With its extraordinary ability to treat the mental/emotional sphere, acupuncture can play a vital role in supporting teenagers, lessening their anxiety and improving their mood. Some come to the clinic simply feeling ‘stressed’. Others come with debilitating anxiety and/or depression.
Throughout the day, we will look at:
- The nature of adolescence from a Chinese medicine perspective
- Causes of adolescent anxiety and depression
- The practicalities of working with teenagers in the clinic
- Diagnosing teenage anxiety and depression from a 5 Element and Organ/Pathogen perspective
- Acupuncture and non-needle techniques for the successful treatment of adolescent anxiety and depression
You will come away with the confidence to immediately start treating teenagers suffering from anxiety and depression, and to do so effectively. You will learn how to diagnose, manage and treat teenagers, whether or not they tolerate needles.