Prof. Lihong Liu, M.D., born in 1958, is the Chief Professor of Classic Chinese Medicine Institution, Guangxi Traditional Chinese Medical University (GXTCMU), China, and a renowned Chinese Medical doctor of Guangxi.
- studied Shang Han Lun with two national renowned Shanghan masters Yiren Chen, and Zhiheng Chen in GXTCMU, Chengdu University of Chinese Medicine, and Nanjing University of Chinese Medicine.
- has been learning Taoism, I-Ching, and TCM from few other famous masters such as Yangbo Li, Qingyu Wang, Yongsheng Zeng; Ke Li, Chonghan Lu, to name a few.
- from 2002 to 2003, worked as a visiting scholar in School of Humanities and Social Science, Tsinghua University.
- a teacher in Faculty of Preclinical Medicine, GXTCMU,
- Chief Professor and doctor of Classic Chinese Medicine Institution, GXTCMU
- a TCM doctor with rich clinical experiences in treatment based on his deep understanding on practice of Yang-supporting.
Achievement and awards
- published over 30 papers, and the book Reflections on Traditional Chinese Medicine, which has made a significant influence on the field of TCM and Chinese culture. From 2003 to 2005, this book has won five different national prices and awards.
- participated the editing of Open the Door of TCM, a book of his tuition, Prof. Yangbo Li. He is good at interpreting TCM from the Chinese culture perspective with special insights of Classic Chinese medicine.
- in 2007, Dr. Liu won the World Outstanding Chinese Award. He has been invited to attend academic activities and to give lectures in many different countries and places, such as U.S.A., Germany, France, and Malaysia.